AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
REVIEW !!! of the new AZRapid MFR .22 caliber
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: REVIEW !!! of the new AZRapid MFR .22 caliber Reply with quote

Well I rteceived my new gun a few days ago I had bought it new and had it sent directly to Allen Zasadny to have him go through the gun and make sure first off that everything was working as it should and then do some MODs to the gun to make it all of what I want in my new Rapid. A friend of mine had bought a “MFR” with the new “XP” Stock.

But he has always been a big fan of the DaveG stocks so he was having one made for the MFR so the “XP” stock became closet material for a few months. Was able to talk him out of the stock so I bought it and had it at my house waiting for the gun to come back from Allen Z. When I ordered the MFR it came in the standard stock, and I have to admit seemed like a very nice stock but within a few minutes off the original came, and on went the “XP” stock.

I put a Bushnell Elite 4200 6 – 24 X 40 Mil dot on it and took a few snapshots for the .net board but here are some better shots of the grain of the XP stock it is made by Gary Kane and he does not miss a detail the grip the feel the Thumbhole it all just flows together to make one sweet feeling Thoroughbred here is some close up pictures.

Allen Z. (now mind you this is a brand new gun, and was sent to Allen straight from the dealer) said that it was leaking air with every shot you could actually hear it, and it was only getting about 35 shots per fill, at 23 Ft.Lbs. Now the gun is getting 75 shots per fill and is regulated at 29 ft.lbs. The other Mod was leaving the stock shroud, but having Allen re-work it so it was quieter. Trigger work to have it set at 2.1/2 ounce pull. And in my book what rapid would be complete without the quick fill adaptor, to not have to unscrew the bottle each and every time you fill it.

Then the oversized Bolt this makes cocking the gun a breeze much smoother then the the Stock Bolt.

Then there is the feed for the pellet, the gun comes with a Single Shot Adaptor. But the 12 shot magazines are extra but it sure does make loading just one pellet much earier with the Scolloped out arae in the action.

OUT IN THE FIELD !!!!

The weather here was great no wind sunny but a little cold. I didn’t think I was going to be able to get out with the gun to really take it through the old Hunting test for a few weeks but some afternoon cancellations, and the cleaning lady want to come in place of her usual morning appointment paved the way for a little afternoon escape. Went to one of my farms that is only about 20 minutes away from my home, with my shooting bench and all the rest of my stuff, you know, rangefinder, pellets, both CF Tanks, Allen wrenches, sand bags, targets staple gun….I mean the list goes on and on. First was 20 yards and then I moved it out to 40 Yards which is where I usually zero in most of my Hunting guns. As I was doing all of this about 45 yards away were about 200 Pigeons LHG will a test to this Hundreds just sitting on the edge of the barn watching me. I’m saying just stay right there little buddies “OLD PAINLESS IS WAITIN” (that was for you Pred). It only took me about 18 rounds and I was one holing it at 40 Yards gotta love them Rapids, then off I went for a Pigeon or two there they were just waitin for me, I thought this is going to be good so I put the scope on FULL Power X24 and dialed in the focus and looked 36 Yards the were on the roof so a upward shot was in order 2 of the were lined up perfectly so I aimed for the first one right below the head so that it would kill the first one and still kill the second, at least that was the plan so KRACK and both just fell straight down in about ½ a foot of Liquid Manure what a great first kill for the “MFR” 2 in one shot. Walked around and really could not believe how good the action felt, and that stock it’s a sleek one, and very quiet. I think I got about 12 Pigeons 5 Starlings and a few Sparrows, all in all a great day.

KILLER-B
NOFLYZONE
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Farmingdale NJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks and sounds great .Another beautiful rapid. If you have 5 that means i am going to have to buy another one also lol.But what one should i get now?I baught 3 more pieces of wood when i get them off they go to Dave G to carve them up for my other rapids Now all i have to do is wait.How quiet is your mfr compaired to your AZ rapids?My MFR is pretty quiet but not as quiet as my AZ.I am sending off my 20 and my 25 rapids to allen in a few days.Good luck with your MFR They are great.
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOFLYZONE wrote:
Looks and sounds great .Another beautiful rapid. If you have 5 that means i am going to have to buy another one also lol.But what one should i get now?I baught 3 more pieces of wood when i get them off they go to Dave G to carve them up for my other rapids Now all i have to do is wait.How quiet is your mfr compaired to your AZ rapids?My MFR is pretty quiet but not as quiet as my AZ.I am sending off my 20 and my 25 rapids to allen in a few days.Good luck with your MFR They are great.

NOF,

Yep Really like it, not quite as quiet but close. Just don't know how I would like Allens Bull Barrells 1 1/2 is pretty big. That Gary Kane stock probably looks pretty familiar to you right????? Take care now.

Killer-B
Lee Harvy Griswold
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: OR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Report on the rifle KB, and Good shootin on the pest birds!!! Glad you could get in a little trigger time!!!! Thanks Again for AV help!!!!

LHG
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Harvy Griswold wrote:
Good Report on the rifle KB, and Good shootin on the pest birds!!! Glad you could get in a little trigger time!!!! Thanks Again for AV help!!!!

LHG

Very Nice avatar, that's you right with your new PCP.

KILLER-B
Lee Harvy Griswold
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: OR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Thats me with the soon to be new rifle,.....just waitin for the sun to come up!!!!!

LHG
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Nevada County,Calif USA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Harvy Griswold wrote:
Yep, Thats me with the soon to be new rifle,.....just waitin for the sun to come up!!!!!

LHG

Great that both of you got a little hunting in before the cold weather hit's

Nice pic's of the MFR ,,K-b have some brew for me on your Vac........ :wink:

Swift
custom parts made to order
swiftairgunparts@sbcglobal.net
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

City, State: Easthampton Masssachusetts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice killer. good lookin peice of work there
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman 2289 Backpacker .22
Crosman T4 .177
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Phoogle Map
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan,
Nice writeup, BEAUTIFUL gun...Im glad that you took the time to do a quick review/test before your big trip.. That was very considerate, not having us to wait for you until you got back. Smile He he
Weapon of Choice
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice gun KB and congrats on that 2for break-in shot! Haven't ever warmed up to the big bottle guns but of the Rapids the MFR is my favorite.

Very nice power and shot count. Man with that many shots I could drive up to the mtns and not even bring my tank!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: