AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
RWS 52 .22 cal revised
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

City, State: Easthampton Masssachusetts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: RWS 52 .22 cal revised Reply with quote

well i bought a new RWS 52 in .22 cal, and i love it Exclamation i think it looks really good in the color, size weight and jsut overall look and feel. i actually perfer the look of the side lever and feel it is much easier to cock then a normal break barrel.

i have just about 250 shots through this gun. not a large amount by any means. but suprisingly this gun is already doing 1/4" to 1/2" groups at 30 yards with only gamo hunter pellets. obviously not a great pellet. once it breaks in more i will begin using crosman premiers, and maybe predators if they shoot well.

the gun is very easy to shoot. alot of people say that springers, and more pointed to high powered springers are very tricky to shoot. you have to hold them like this, and this.. but not this. no. this gun was pick up. hold gently and shoot. none of this cradle with your front hand but leave it open and gently grasp with your rear but not enough to "contorl it" just pick up and shoot. it shoots the same weather you (i have tryed) hold it tight, gently, use a bench..... or a mixture.

for hunting this gun is AWESOME! there is great power behind this gun. from muzzle energy ranging form around 16 ft-lbs up to 20 ft-lbs. great for taking small game. squirrels chipmunks, crows, pest birds, raccoons and even coyotes at close range dont stand a chance. with the side leaver design you dont have to role to your side if you are in the prown postion.

The leave is easy to cock, but if you happen to slip and let it go, there is a locking mechanisim, kinda looks like stairs. this way the cocking arm wont fly forwad into the stock and crack it. when you fully cock the gun you will hear a good solid click and the safty will pop out. which is in a great postion. right on the rear of the stock. you can simply push it in, or pull it out with just your thumb. its very quite, some tiems you the shooter can not even hear it. the safty lock for when cocking is great for when cleaning. as you do not have to worry about it closing. just make sure you push down the thumb release and hold it while closing the cocking arm or it will not close. if you force it it will bend and you will have to purchase a new one.

the iorn or "open sights" on this gun are nice. plenty of adjustment. i do not use them so i canot say to much about them. but when looking down it is very easy to aim. not like with cheeper guns where the rear sight is so large you have to move arund and around just hoping its in the middle.

the gun is heavy, no doubt about it. with my leapers 3-12x44 iluminated mil dot scope and one peice BKL mount it ways just a tad under 10 lbs.. so if you do alot of walking and stalking a sling may be a good idea as the gun does get quite heavy when walking the trails.

i hope this review helped some of you. its been raining latly, but when it clears up, i will get some pictures of some groups for you.

Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman 2289 Backpacker .22
Crosman T4 .177

Last edited by GWH craig on Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Phoogle Map
Mstrange
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Hot Springs, Arkansas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful rifle you got there. 8)
blk822
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Kent, Washington

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good now you just have to brake her in. Have fun, it took like 1000 shots to get my patriot broke in. happy shooting.
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i shot it about 40-50 times today. althoguh a little windy its already doing 1 to 1 1/2" groups.. not great but its a start. im really starting to love this rifle. deff. has plent of power for hunting.
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman T4 .177
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Phoogle Map
Lee Harvy Griswold
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: OR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig, Congratulations on the new rifle!!! She looks like a beauty,........now go try it out on a few crows!!!!!!

LHG
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Harvy Griswold wrote:
Craig, Congratulations on the new rifle!!! She looks like a beauty,........now go try it out on a few crows!!!!!!

LHG

thanks. yea i love it. funny you say that, tomorrow eddie and i are finishing our hunting blind in his grandmas medows. we plan to crow hunt form it first. and i got a new squirrel call Very Happy Very Happy oh boy!
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman T4 .177
Johnny
Expert
Expert

City, State: Ucklum - Sweden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of those, it made 850 fps using 14.50 gn RWS Superdomes...

Twisted Evil

A really strong springer but still very accurate for a 23 ft/lbs output.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea. its getting better already. poping cans at 50 yards. but as its being more broken in, i will have to re-zero it. as i can get small groups
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman T4 .177
blk822
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Kent, Washington

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great to hear that your havin some fun with that new rifle. I wish I could get out and shoot , we got 8" of snow last night and tonoght it's freezing up. My target range is covered in snow.And it's like 30 degrees out side. I don't think that a pcp will like the temp drop from filling inside and taking the rifle outside.
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blk822 wrote:
Hey great to hear that your havin some fun with that new rifle. I wish I could get out and shoot , we got 8" of snow last night and tonoght it's freezing up. My target range is covered in snow.And it's like 30 degrees out side. I don't think that a pcp will like the temp drop from filling inside and taking the rifle outside.

thanks. iv shot it every day sience iv gotten it. and plan to till i get a new one. i lvoe it. and idk much about pcp. but if its anything like a paintball gun running CO2 instead of N2 i would imagine.
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman T4 .177
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: