AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Prometheus Piledriver pellets .22cal /30grains (tests)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Prometheus Piledriver pellets .22cal /30grains (tests) Reply with quote

First off, wanted to say thanks to Tofazfou for the great assortment of pellets he sent to me. Thanks buddy.

This morning before heading off to work. I did some quick tests with the piledrivers. With the .22 Rapid MK2. The piledrivers loaded very well in the .22 rapid magazine. And also cocked very good , pushing the projectile into the breech.

As some of you guys remember. I put my .22 rapid back to stock specs. The scope is sighted in for .22 JSB Exacts. So I had to adjust the elevation just a bit. I did a full 12 shots at 25 yards, and all I have to say is that these pellets/projectiles shoot great! I even turned to the right and took a shot at a sparrow, he was probably at 30 yards, "POOF" gone.

I did a quick chrony with the piledrivers, and they chronied at 758FPS. I will crank the power of my rapid back to what it was + put back the custom valvestem. I plan on shooting these piledrivers at a higher velocities.

The PCP2 14.5 pellets shot laser accurate to by the way. and also fit and load well in the Rapid. I will do a full test with the rest of the pellets on my next day off. Thanks.
Tofazfou
Basic Practical
Basic Practical

City, State: California

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That awesome SP. Glad you liked the pellets. Every pellet shot 1 hole groups out of my QB78 so i am glad that the ones you tested so far worked out great for you. Those are some well made and CLEAN pellets. No smashed skirts or machining marks on any of those PUPS. Also, you gotta try the EXT's in .22 which are 18 grs. They are superbly accurate. You should top off, then shoot a 10 shot string of each of those pellets. Topping off after each type pellet. Then make mods to your gun. This way, you will have something to compare to. Modded vs unmodded.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tofazfou wrote:
That awesome SP. Glad you liked the pellets. Every pellet shot 1 hole groups out of my QB78 so i am glad that the ones you tested so far worked out great for you. Those are some well made and CLEAN pellets. No smashed skirts or machining marks on any of those PUPS. Also, you gotta try the EXT's in .22 which are 18 grs. They are superbly accurate. You should top off, then shoot a 10 shot string of each of those pellets. Topping off after each type pellet. Then make mods to your gun. This way, you will have something to compare to. Modded vs unmodded.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

Thanks Tofazfou, I will email Emouse, and order a bunch of these piledrivers. It sure is too bad that they dont make them in .25cal though. Cry
Predator
Expert
Expert

City, State: TN USA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP and Tofazfou:

Thanks I cannot wait to try these piledriver pellets.
Seem like some sweet mambo jambos.
Great testing mod and no mods.

30 grains... Luvly.

The Eun Jins I lost faith in.
220swift
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Nevada County,Calif USA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interresting looking pellet.
Swift
custom parts made to order
swiftairgunparts@sbcglobal.net
BILKO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just make sure you keep all those pellets below 1000 fps and you will love them.
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bilko,
My target velocity for these pildrivers will be 850-900FPS...
airjunki
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: Beaverton, Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those have a boat tail design to keep the wind drag down + still retain a small skirt. Nice! 8) but probably only for the 35fpe and up range of guns Cry
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

airjunki wrote:
Those have a boat tail design to keep the wind drag down + still retain a small skirt. Nice! 8) but probably only for the 35fpe and up range of guns Cry

Well, if I shot those 30grain piledrivers at 900fps, thats 53ftlbs or energy.
airjunki
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

City, State: Beaverton, Oregon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Well, if I shot those 30grain piledrivers at 900fps, thats 53ftlbs or energy.[/quote]

Yes, they are thumpers indeed! 8) I guess what I was trying to say with my prior statement was that one needs to have a powerful AG to shoot those pells the way they are designed to shoot! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: