AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Shooting my BSA today

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blk822
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Kent, Washington

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Shooting my BSA today Reply with quote

I have figure out something about my new BSA, it shoots 30 shots on a full 3400psi charge, but the first 10 shots are just a bite low. the hammer dosn't hit hard enough to over come the high pressure. chrono raeding are only 50fps lower on the first 10, or so. But if I fill to only 3200psi and shoot 20 shots they are right on all the way through the 20 shot string. Was going to adjust the hammer spring for the first 10 shots but think it will waist air in the fallowing 20 and have a lower fill pressure after 30 shots. Easier to just have a lower fill to pressure and only take 20 shots and then refill. Any other suggestion would be appreciated.
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin

City, State: N. California, USA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, you have just had a first hand experience with finding the "Sweet Spot" in the fill for your gun!! Every PCP, except a regulated one, has a sweet spot in the factory fill specs! This may also change with the choice of pellets. so don't be afraid of testing!!

Good Luck and have Fun

Happy New Year!!!

Stuart
Expert
Expert

City, State: Ucklum - Sweden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What BSA model is it...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
r5nick

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck testing, if you made the hammer spring stronger you would definatly make the amount of full powered shots go down.
blk822
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Kent, Washington

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a BSA Sportsman HV in .22 Multi shot( same as a hornet without the reg.) It's shooting 16.5 gr jsb's at 990fps like 34fpe and kodiaks alittle slower but same fpe. I just love this rifle and it is so accurate, makes me wonder why more people don't have them. This model is made for Sportsmans Wharehouse a sporting goods store here in the states and they sell them for $579 and if you buy a Hornet from AofA they are $800+, I actually talked to the guys at AofA and they told me that I would be doing myself a favor buying a Sportsman HV for that price and they were right.

And heres some 30yrd 10shot groups

Johnny
Expert
Expert

City, State: Ucklum - Sweden

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just love this rifle and it is so accurate, makes me wonder why more people don't have them. This

I feel the same for my own Ultra Carbine.

IMHO the BSA PCP seem to be underrated and very good value for money.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: