AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
REVOLUTION ARRIVED!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZ RAPID
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Rapid, Oregon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: REVOLUTION ARRIVED!!! Reply with quote

First off Man what a Storm last night!!! when I called the power company they said Oregon had about 92,000 People without power!!! The power is still out tonight and we are at a local motel anyways enough about the boring stuff!!! Laughing

Got the Gun today they guy said it was in new condition and he was definetly right. It still had the FX Box, Manual and AOA Paper work dated 12-08-05 including the 12 Shot Chrono test they did with the 16 grain JSB's average of 918 FPS. I looked over the Gun pretty good and couldn't find a scratch, nick any anthing. I was really Pumped couldn't wait to get home and try it out. I loved the way the pistol grip felt (I'm a big AR15/M4 fan) But I'll see how I really like it when I get a scope on it. I'm going to try and put a Eotech on it :wink: It was filled to around 200 BAR

Well Figured out how to load the mag it's not as simple a Rapid but but almost an exact copy. Got the mag loaded up with some CP's squeezed the trigger and the report was alot less then I expected alot less then firing my R9 off the back porch!! the sound of the impact into the tree was actually louder. Big grin on my face!!!

But.......went to squeeze off the next round and nothing cycled the bolt, bang it shot then nothing, cycled the bolt again bang, hmm defitley not a semiauto finished off the clip that way by manually working the bolt went back carefully went over the manual made sure I was doing everything right seemed to be so I tried a few more clips and still the same problem would only work by manually working the bolt got it to shoot semiauto about 2-3 shots at the most but then would stop Question Question Question Daylight was running out.... still no electricity.... wife had my cell phone hers was dead.... no internet to reach the guy I bought it from or send out a SOS to you guys on the board...Holy Crap it was like I just shot my eye out with my Red Ryder BB Gun!!! Think Think what can be causing this I was telling my self???? Hmmmm did the gun function without the Mag? yes it functioned fine I tried that and it was alot louder definetly got my neighbors attention nothing like "Gun fire" as it's getting dark it a neighborhood with no electricity Very Happy OK moved the testing indoors & got the Pellet trap.

Loosend the mag a little so it moved freely when released under tension, that seemed to help shot another mag indoors with less jams got about 4-5 shots then it would hang up again and only work manually. I was on about my 7th mag and it finally started working Woohoo what a frigging Blast!!! Lit a Candle so I could see to load the mag and pellet trap (no Joke!)I couldn't load the mag fast enough very very cool!!! I shot about 3-4 mags and it worked great and then it was really low on air I think I took it down to about 80 BAR.

Well I'm just sitting here at the motel hoping the power will be back on tommorow you don't know how bad I wanted to bring my tank, gun, trap and pellets with us to the Motel but a wife and 2 young Boys kinda keeps me from that! So I'm really looking forward to trying it out some more tommorow I'm really hoping it will work fine. Even with all the problems at first I'm still really excited about the Gun, when it started working right I was seeing Sage Rat after Sage Rat falling one after another this spring.

I think it just needed the mag loosend up a little, and to be shot some to get it working? the guy I bought it from said he only shot it about 50 times, do you think it just kinda needed to be broke in from sitting for so long?

Any feedback I can get from you Revolution owners about this would be really appreciated.

Sorry for such a Long Post Guys and No pictures.....I will get some when The power comes back I promise!!
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,
Make sure you flip the bolt forward fast after its loaded. I know you want to baby it. But the bolt must be flipped forward that way. Congrats, and glad your enjoying it.
POI
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: New England

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whem you push the bolt forward be sure that the brass tabs on each side are slid completely forward. That is to say the bolt handle can be fully forward and not the bolt itself. Dont rely on the positioning of the bolt handle as it does not move when cycled. However the handle will push fully forward when you slide the tabs forward to fully seat the pellet. Also be sure to flip the bolt down into the small indent when you slide it forward. There is some contact and the weight of the handle may trow things out of ballance if it does move with the actual bolt.

I have no experience with CP's in mine.

Kodiaks work fairly well and JSB exacts cycle best for me.

Have fun. It's an amazingly accurate gun esp. for a semi.

Last edited by POI on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
POI
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: New England

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I also had some issues with cycling as orings that broke off of the slide weights toward the front of the reciever would bind the action just enough to prevent a good pellet seating.
AZ RAPID
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Rapid, Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys sorry to bring this back to the top But I really want to get this fixed.

As in my previous post from yesterday My newly aquired Revolution is not functioning. I'm using CP's and filling to 200 BAR, it will not operate semiauto and will only Fire by manually working the bolt. I've been very carefull on releasing the bolt freely both by locking it back and hitting it so it releases freely on it's own and just bringing it back and releasing it by Hand niether seem to make any difference so far.

However when the pressure gets down to around 120 Bar and below it functions great??!! this is the second Tank I've ran through it and both times at around 120 Bar it starts working?

I noticed a few times when it wasn't working the cvover on the fill port was not completely closed like the bolt was not returning fully into battery but this was only a few time not every time it failed to function.

I just got the Gun over the Weekend and do not want to send it back if at all possible.....I really want to mount a Eotech and go Newt Hunting!!! The last thing I want to do is have to send it off HELP!!!!
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ RAPID wrote:
Hey guys sorry to bring this back to the top But I really want to get this fixed.

As in my previous post from yesterday My newly aquired Revolution is not functioning. I'm using CP's and filling to 200 BAR, it will not operate semiauto and will only Fire by manually working the bolt. I've been very carefull on releasing the bolt freely both by locking it back and hitting it so it releases freely on it's own and just bringing it back and releasing it by Hand niether seem to make any difference so far.

However when the pressure gets down to around 120 Bar and below it functions great??!! this is the second Tank I've ran through it and both times at around 120 Bar it starts working?

I noticed a few times when it wasn't working the cvover on the fill port was not completely closed like the bolt was not returning fully into battery but this was only a few time not every time it failed to function.

I just got the Gun over the Weekend and do not want to send it back if at all possible.....I really want to mount a Eotech and go Newt Hunting!!! The last thing I want to do is have to send it off HELP!!!!

AZ,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Revo, Only thing I could suggest is call over to AOA and see if they could offer some suggestions, or post this same question one the YELLOW, looks like you have run it up the flag pole here.

KILLER-B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: