AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Got new Rapid MKII today......
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csdilligaf
Expert
Expert

City, State: San Diego,CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Got new Rapid MKII today...... Reply with quote

Was very impressed with it so far. Good quality and very crisp feel. At first with out a scope on it I wanted a little more wieght to the rear but after scoping it with a bushy 6X24 side focus it feels better. I realy wish it came with the theoben FT in left hand. I really want it for a bench rest gun and a little more wieght would be nice.
I had planned on bumping up the power but I just shoots so nice like this maybe I will leave it alone for awhile. Use my Airranger to feed the power need.
Love the bolt action and trigger, simply awesome. The clip seems to really fit in tight and fights me in and out. Can I sand a little on it to get it in better without it just falling out by itself?
Got the PAG fiberwrapped tank also and like the whip it come's with. I know the tank needs an extra hydro over the 15 years but no biggy.
Will do some follow up after I enjoy it some more...

Chip
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Got new Rapid MKII today...... Reply with quote

csdilligaf wrote:
Was very impressed with it so far. Good quality and very crisp feel. At first with out a scope on it I wanted a little more wieght to the rear but after scoping it with a bushy 6X24 side focus it feels better. I realy wish it came with the theoben FT in left hand. I really want it for a bench rest gun and a little more wieght would be nice.
I had planned on bumping up the power but I just shoots so nice like this maybe I will leave it alone for awhile. Use my Airranger to feed the power need.
Love the bolt action and trigger, simply awesome. The clip seems to really fit in tight and fights me in and out. Can I sand a little on it to get it in better without it just falling out by itself?
Got the PAG fiberwrapped tank also and like the whip it come's with. I know the tank needs an extra hydro over the 15 years but no biggy.

Chip

Chip,

hay how about some pictures of that gun.

KILLER-B
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip,
Do not sand the magazine! All you have to do is loosen up the barrel and slide it out JUST A TAD. And that will eliminate the tight magazine issues.

BTW, congrats!
Canazes9
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Lumberton, TX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Got new Rapid MKII today...... Reply with quote

csdilligaf wrote:

Chip

Congratulations Chip!

Enjoy!

David
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin

City, State: N. California, USA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP wrote:
Chip,
Do not sand the magazine! All you have to do is loosen up the barrel and slide it out JUST A TAD. And that will eliminate the tight magazine issues.

BTW, congrats!

I am glad you like your Rapid. We see how long you last until you decide it is lonely and need a little btother!!

BTW Do exactly what SP says but....
Once you loosen the barrel clamp you also have to loosen the barrel indexing screw!!(it is an allen insert where the front scope ring bolt screws into!!)

Stuart
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: I just found that out Reply with quote

I called Steve at PAG and he walked me through it as well. Also mentioned possibly have to adjust the set screw in the end of the probe if it does not seal good after nudging the barrel forward. But after several magizines I think it has loosend up a little so I will ride it out for now.
Really like the Rapid alot allready but need to machine the quick fill out the bottom port of the reciever ASAP. Hate the whole bottle comming off thing to refill. And will not put the one in the end of the bottle, just my opinion, I know a lot of people do and have never heard of one blowin' but that's just me.
Got to figure out a gauge too, I guess I'm like 220Swift after getting used to the ease of both these things on the Airranger I cant do without.
I may even leave the power alone. I feel very confident about its accuracy right now at 32fpe and dont want to risk it.

thanks, and glad to be in the Rapid club now. Chip
SP
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Commiefornia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: I just found that out Reply with quote

csdilligaf wrote:
I called Steve at PAG and he walked me through it as well. Also mentioned possibly have to adjust the set screw in the end of the probe if it does not seal good after nudging the barrel forward. But after several magizines I think it has loosend up a little so I will ride it out for now.
Really like the Rapid alot allready but need to machine the quick fill out the bottom port of the reciever ASAP. Hate the whole bottle comming off thing to refill. And will not put the one in the end of the bottle, just my opinion, I know a lot of people do and have never heard of one blowin' but that's just me.
Got to figure out a gauge too, I guess I'm like 220Swift after getting used to the ease of both these things on the Airranger I cant do without.
I may even leave the power alone. I feel very confident about its accuracy right now at 32fpe and dont want to risk it.

Chip ,
welcome to the club! BTW where will you purchase the male threaded quick fill adapter? Thanks.
220swift
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Nevada County,Calif USA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: I just found that out Reply with quote

csdilligaf wrote:

Chip
yes welcome to the K-B rapid club ,it growing nicely
Im almost ready for some more testing,my self.

post some pic's so we all can be in aaw, of your new friend

Swift
custom parts made to order
swiftairgunparts@sbcglobal.net
csdilligaf
Expert
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: QF Reply with quote

I bought a nice QF at the paintball store. Its the correct foster fitting and on the back side has a set screw that has the hex all the way threw so air can pass and hold back the spring and detent as well. I have seen almost the same fitting on Airhog's site but I wanted it in my hand to see how it worked so I ran to the paintball store. I will have to turn another piece to step up the thread size to what is in the bottom of the Rapid. Then put a hole in the stock. I was thining of putting another hole just in front of that for a gauge but this would intersect the high flow piece that the bottle goes on so maybe not a good idea.

I dont know how to post a pic on this site, how do I do that?

Thanks, Chip
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: QF Reply with quote

csdilligaf wrote:
I bought a nice QF at the paintball store. Its the correct foster fitting and on the back side has a set screw that has the hex all the way threw so air can pass and hold back the spring and detent as well. I have seen almost the same fitting on Airhog's site but I wanted it in my hand to see how it worked so I ran to the paintball store. I will have to turn another piece to step up the thread size to what is in the bottom of the Rapid. Then put a hole in the stock. I was thining of putting another hole just in front of that for a gauge but this would intersect the high flow piece that the bottle goes on so maybe not a good idea.

I dont know how to post a pic on this site, how do I do that?

Thanks, Chip

Chip,

I have sent you a PM.

KILLER-B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: