Coots - Right gun for the job

A no hype zone for posting airgun equipment reviews.

Moderators: 220swift, Killer-B, MarvC, Sentryfe

korndog
Marksman
Marksman

Coots - Right gun for the job

Postby korndog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:54 am

Hi everyone
This is my first post to these forums, and I am in need of some advice. I need to thin out a flock of American Coots by about 500 head in as few sessions as possible. We have been using one pump rifles and are getting ready to buy something more efficient. I am leaning toward the FX Monsoon, but am a little wary given its newness to the market. Other guns being considered are the Rapid 12, HW100, and FX Cyclone. The appeal of the semi-auto is very strong, so I would love to hear good things about the Monsoon, but also welcome other feedback. We will be shooting birds inside 75 yds. most of the time. We are budgeting about $2,000.00 max. for gun scope and components. Bipod might be considered as well. Thanks for your help.

r5nick

Postby r5nick » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:06 am

Rapid mk2 .25...

cyprus

Postby cyprus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 am

If you like semi auto, don't you like full auto....like the Revo :)
i would go for something with big air tank and the Rapid or the gladiator would appeal to me and they are both semi auto.

By the way welcome, i am new here my self.

korndog
Marksman
Marksman

Postby korndog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:20 am

cyprus wrote:If you like semi auto, don't you like full auto....like the Revo :)
i would go for something with big air tank and the Rapid or the gladiator would appeal to me and they are both semi auto.
By the way welcome, i am new here my self.

I thought the Monsoon and the Revolution were the only true Semi-autos available.

cyprus

Postby cyprus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:29 am

Unfortunately where i am it is not allowed to have fully auto, so i cannot speak for the revolution, but SP here has one and i am nearly sure that it can shoot as a semi auto, but it is the first fully auto airgun, and for that i am sure, as i want one, but cannot have one :evil:

The moonsoon is just semi auto.....i am sure i am right

Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ca_Varminter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:53 am

Let's get some clarification on some definitions. First the Rapid and Gladiators are Repeaters-they use a magazine (not single shot), manual cocking.
The Revolution and Monsoon are Semi_automatics!!(one shot per trigger pull). Auto loading !!

Not many full -automatics airguns out there. Mostly custom jobs !!

Stuart

cyprus

Postby cyprus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:58 am

Ca_Varminter wrote:Let's get some clarification on some definitions. First the Rapid and Gladiators are Repeaters-they use a magazine (not single shot), manual cocking.
The Revolution and Monsoon are Semi_automatics!!(one shot per trigger pull). Auto loading !!

Not many full -automatics airguns out there. Mostly custom jobs !!

Stuart

We mean things differently in my country....i stand corrected then.

thanks Stuard

Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Postby Killer-B » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:33 pm

If you are shooting at those find of distances I would opt for the MK II .20 caliber as it shoots flatter, and I would get the 500cc bottle on it, tuned by AZ and you would get close to 100 shots before having to refill, that would mean only 5 fills and the job would be done :lol: :lol:

Simple as that.

KILLER-B
"We live for another day of Airgunning"

korndog
Marksman
Marksman

Postby korndog » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:56 am

Killer-B wrote:If you are shooting at those find of distances I would opt for the MK II .20 caliber as it shoots flatter, and I would get the 500cc bottle on it, tuned by AZ and you would get close to 100 shots before having to refill, that would mean only 5 fills and the job would be done :lol: :lol:
Simple as that.
KILLER-B

Thanks for the advice. I had not considered the .20 caliber option, but will look into it.

korndog
Marksman
Marksman

Postby korndog » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:14 pm

Well, the temptation of the semi-auto was too great. I ordered a Monsoon from AZ. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this will do the job without any malfunctions.

Thanks

Return to “Airgun Equipment Reviews”