Coots - Right gun for the job

A no hype zone for posting airgun equipment reviews.

Moderators: 220swift, Killer-B, MarvC, Sentryfe

User avatar
korndog
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 am
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA

Coots - Right gun for the job

Postby korndog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:54 am

Hi everyone
This is my first post to these forums, and I am in need of some advice. I need to thin out a flock of American Coots by about 500 head in as few sessions as possible. We have been using one pump rifles and are getting ready to buy something more efficient. I am leaning toward the FX Monsoon, but am a little wary given its newness to the market. Other guns being considered are the Rapid 12, HW100, and FX Cyclone. The appeal of the semi-auto is very strong, so I would love to hear good things about the Monsoon, but also welcome other feedback. We will be shooting birds inside 75 yds. most of the time. We are budgeting about $2,000.00 max. for gun scope and components. Bipod might be considered as well. Thanks for your help.

r5nick

Postby r5nick » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:06 am

Rapid mk2 .25...

cyprus

Postby cyprus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 am

If you like semi auto, don't you like full auto....like the Revo :)
i would go for something with big air tank and the Rapid or the gladiator would appeal to me and they are both semi auto.

By the way welcome, i am new here my self.

User avatar
korndog
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 am
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA

Postby korndog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:20 am

cyprus wrote:If you like semi auto, don't you like full auto....like the Revo :)
i would go for something with big air tank and the Rapid or the gladiator would appeal to me and they are both semi auto.
By the way welcome, i am new here my self.


I thought the Monsoon and the Revolution were the only true Semi-autos available.

cyprus

Postby cyprus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:29 am

Unfortunately where i am it is not allowed to have fully auto, so i cannot speak for the revolution, but SP here has one and i am nearly sure that it can shoot as a semi auto, but it is the first fully auto airgun, and for that i am sure, as i want one, but cannot have one :evil:

The moonsoon is just semi auto.....i am sure i am right

User avatar
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5599
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:48 pm
Location: N. California, USA

Postby Ca_Varminter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:53 am

Let's get some clarification on some definitions. First the Rapid and Gladiators are Repeaters-they use a magazine (not single shot), manual cocking.
The Revolution and Monsoon are Semi_automatics!!(one shot per trigger pull). Auto loading !!

Not many full -automatics airguns out there. Mostly custom jobs !!


Stuart
Image

cyprus

Postby cyprus » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:58 am

Ca_Varminter wrote:Let's get some clarification on some definitions. First the Rapid and Gladiators are Repeaters-they use a magazine (not single shot), manual cocking.
The Revolution and Monsoon are Semi_automatics!!(one shot per trigger pull). Auto loading !!

Not many full -automatics airguns out there. Mostly custom jobs !!


Stuart


We mean things differently in my country....i stand corrected then.

thanks Stuard

User avatar
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner
Posts: 15838
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 9:09 pm
Location: Vancouver, WA
Contact:

Postby Killer-B » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:33 pm

If you are shooting at those find of distances I would opt for the MK II .20 caliber as it shoots flatter, and I would get the 500cc bottle on it, tuned by AZ and you would get close to 100 shots before having to refill, that would mean only 5 fills and the job would be done :lol: :lol:

Simple as that.

KILLER-B
"We live for another day of Airgunning"

User avatar
korndog
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 am
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA

Postby korndog » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:56 am

Killer-B wrote:If you are shooting at those find of distances I would opt for the MK II .20 caliber as it shoots flatter, and I would get the 500cc bottle on it, tuned by AZ and you would get close to 100 shots before having to refill, that would mean only 5 fills and the job would be done :lol: :lol:
Simple as that.
KILLER-B


Thanks for the advice. I had not considered the .20 caliber option, but will look into it.

User avatar
korndog
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:32 am
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA

Postby korndog » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:14 pm

Well, the temptation of the semi-auto was too great. I ordered a Monsoon from AZ. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this will do the job without any malfunctions.

Thanks


Return to “Airgun Equipment Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests