AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Coots - Right gun for the job
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korndog
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Thousand Oaks, CA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Coots - Right gun for the job Reply with quote

Hi everyone
This is my first post to these forums, and I am in need of some advice. I need to thin out a flock of American Coots by about 500 head in as few sessions as possible. We have been using one pump rifles and are getting ready to buy something more efficient. I am leaning toward the FX Monsoon, but am a little wary given its newness to the market. Other guns being considered are the Rapid 12, HW100, and FX Cyclone. The appeal of the semi-auto is very strong, so I would love to hear good things about the Monsoon, but also welcome other feedback. We will be shooting birds inside 75 yds. most of the time. We are budgeting about $2,000.00 max. for gun scope and components. Bipod might be considered as well. Thanks for your help.
r5nick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapid mk2 .25...
cyprus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like semi auto, don't you like full auto....like the Revo Smile
i would go for something with big air tank and the Rapid or the gladiator would appeal to me and they are both semi auto.

By the way welcome, i am new here my self.
korndog
Marksman
Marksman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyprus wrote:
If you like semi auto, don't you like full auto....like the Revo Smile
i would go for something with big air tank and the Rapid or the gladiator would appeal to me and they are both semi auto.
By the way welcome, i am new here my self.

I thought the Monsoon and the Revolution were the only true Semi-autos available.
cyprus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately where i am it is not allowed to have fully auto, so i cannot speak for the revolution, but SP here has one and i am nearly sure that it can shoot as a semi auto, but it is the first fully auto airgun, and for that i am sure, as i want one, but cannot have one Evil or Very Mad

The moonsoon is just semi auto.....i am sure i am right
Ca_Varminter
Site Admin
Site Admin

City, State: N. California, USA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get some clarification on some definitions. First the Rapid and Gladiators are Repeaters-they use a magazine (not single shot), manual cocking.
The Revolution and Monsoon are Semi_automatics!!(one shot per trigger pull). Auto loading !!

Not many full -automatics airguns out there. Mostly custom jobs !!

Stuart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ca_Varminter wrote:
Let's get some clarification on some definitions. First the Rapid and Gladiators are Repeaters-they use a magazine (not single shot), manual cocking.
The Revolution and Monsoon are Semi_automatics!!(one shot per trigger pull). Auto loading !!

Not many full -automatics airguns out there. Mostly custom jobs !!

Stuart

We mean things differently in my country....i stand corrected then.

thanks Stuard
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are shooting at those find of distances I would opt for the MK II .20 caliber as it shoots flatter, and I would get the 500cc bottle on it, tuned by AZ and you would get close to 100 shots before having to refill, that would mean only 5 fills and the job would be done Laughing Laughing

Simple as that.

KILLER-B
korndog
Marksman
Marksman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer-B wrote:
If you are shooting at those find of distances I would opt for the MK II .20 caliber as it shoots flatter, and I would get the 500cc bottle on it, tuned by AZ and you would get close to 100 shots before having to refill, that would mean only 5 fills and the job would be done Laughing Laughing
Simple as that.
KILLER-B

Thanks for the advice. I had not considered the .20 caliber option, but will look into it.
korndog
Marksman
Marksman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the temptation of the semi-auto was too great. I ordered a Monsoon from AZ. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this will do the job without any malfunctions.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: