AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Looking for some advise from Springer Fans (oops wrong place

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD&A
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Northwest, Washington

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Looking for some advise from Springer Fans (oops wrong place Reply with quote

I'm looking for a solid hunting rifle for small game.

Alright, here's the quandry. I own a Diana 36 .177, it's about 10yrs old but is like new and prior to my owner ship had only about 500 shot through it, now it's around 2000.

I want a gun for hunting small (up to about racoon or possum size) game within 50yds. I know this gun will do it, I whacked a racoon molesting a duck (my local fish cop said no problem if it's molesting live stock or crops) two nights ago with no problem. But it just isn't as good as it could be (imo) so I'm thinking:

1. Watt's Advanced tune, Trigger rework, Full barrel shroud, and a Macarri DIY thumbhole sporter stock. I'm open to other tuners, just don't know any.

2. Buy a ProSport or Eliminator .22/.25 and add a Macarri Diy thumbhole sporter stock.

Price wise I'm in the same neighborhood ($1000 w/scope). My dilema is that I have no way to try the Prosport before purchase, but feel I would not be disappointed from what I've read. So I look to you all for advice.

Is this roughly the same animal here or am I saddly disallusioned about the Diana? Is the Diana worth the investment or will it never be as good as a Prosport or Theoben Elimonator?
Are there other options I'm over looking?

I want to stay with Springs/Gas rams, for now. End result I'm looking for is a smooth, accurate and quiet airstick for 50 yds critter dominance!

All criticism, opinions and creative thinking welcome.

Thank you all,
Brock
"#10- .............There are no rules~Thou shalt win at all costs" Richard Marcinko

Anonymous

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Never forget to look at beeman Reply with quote

You can pick up the RX2 for about a grand with nice scope, even have a few Unmolested Ducks left over for some good pellets...and you can purchase them "anywhere" you like! Twisted Evil no names mentioned!
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Never forget to look at beeman Reply with quote

hilbilly67 wrote:
You can pick up the RX2 for about a grand with nice scope, even have a few Unmolested Ducks left over for some good pellets...and you can purchase them "anywhere" you like! Twisted Evil no names mentioned!

Willy,

No problem here mention any dealer you want, we are not UPTIGHT a$$*oles like over on the Brown Forum.

KILLER-B
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
Bob Friesenhahn
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Dallas, Texas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for some advise from Springer Fans (oops wrong p Reply with quote

SBD&A wrote:
Is this roughly the same animal here or am I saddly disallusioned about the Diana? Is the Diana worth the investment or will it never be as good as a Prosport or Theoben Elimonator?
Are there other options I'm over looking?

I don't think that you should sink any money into your Diana. The ProSport or Eliminator sound good. Also consider the RX-2 which is a really solid gun for a reasonable price.

An upgrade stock will not help kill the critters any deader, and from what I have seen the ProSport and Eliminator already come with nice stocks. The RX-2 stock is good and really solid but may require a mother to love (some people love it but other's don't).

Bob
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
SBD&A
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Northwest, Washington

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Man you guys Kick a$$, I posted that question last January and have not had a reply until now. I had forgotten I posted here until I got the email notification. Thank you very much!! I am still looking to fill that niche. You guys have only been posting for one day here, and already answers. No wise remarks, just answers. Things are looking up.... Laughing

Brock
"#10- .............There are no rules~Thou shalt win at all costs" Richard Marcinko

jds
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Santander, Colombia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

SBD&A wrote:
Man you guys Kick a$$, I posted that question last January and have not had a reply until now. I had forgotten I posted here until I got the email notification. Thank you very much!! I am still looking to fill that niche. You guys have only been posting for one day here, and already answers. No wise remarks, just answers. Things are looking up.... Laughing

Brock

And get better
r5nick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Never forget to look at beeman Reply with quote

Killer-B wrote:
hilbilly67 wrote:

Willy,

No problem here mention any dealer you want, we are not UPTIGHT a$$*oles like over on the Brown Forum.

KILLER-B

LOL!
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

City, State: Easthampton Masssachusetts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i had the money... i would prolly buy an rx-2. but im gunna get a rws 350. i also like their side lever 48,52 and 54. althghotu i have only shot the 48.. they are all similar except for the non recoil of the 54...

GOTTA LOVE SPRINGERS
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman 2289 Backpacker .22
Crosman T4 .177
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Phoogle Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: