AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
RWS 34, Your opinions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freekill
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: RWS 34, Your opinions? Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the correct area, or the correct format, but im getting my rws 34 delivered on wed. and im syked. Have any of you had any experience with this air rifle? (Hopefully good ones?) Please post what you know Smile Hoping to use it for a hunting/longer range target rifle if possible.
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: RWS 34, Your opinions? Reply with quote

Freekill wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct area, or the correct format

Your fine right here. :wink:

KB
dano
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: San Francisco Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: RWS 34, Your opinions? Reply with quote

Freekill wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct area, or the correct format, but im getting my rws 34 delivered on wed. and im syked. Have any of you had any experience with this air rifle? (Hopefully good ones?) Please post what you know Smile
What caliber did you get? I had one in .22 and can tell you about it.

Quote:
Hoping to use it for a hunting/longer range target rifle if possible.

If you want long range I'd look into a PCP instead.

The real Bill of Rights
nchunter16
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: gastonia,nc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seen pic of a guy that took down a coon with one,so i would say there pretty good,but i have had experience with this rifle so i would not know.
Freekill
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Massachusetts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: RWS 34, Your opinions? Reply with quote

dano wrote:
Freekill wrote:
Not sure if this is the correct area, or the correct format, but im getting my rws 34 delivered on wed. and im syked. Have any of you had any experience with this air rifle? (Hopefully good ones?) Please post what you know Smile
What caliber did you get? I had one in .22 and can tell you about it.

Quote:
Hoping to use it for a hunting/longer range target rifle if possible.

If you want long range I'd look into a PCP instead.

Awesome... i got a .22 Smile
dano
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: San Francisco Bay Area

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, mine shot 665fps with 5.52 JSB Exacts and shot them the most accurately. I tried many many kinds of pellets. If I remember correctly she also shot RWS Meisterkugeln about 700fps and that shot very accurately too. I pretty much stuck with the 5.52 Exacts since I got the best accuracy from them. I wouldn't shoot 5.51 Exacts because the 5.52 fit kind of loose in there.

You will need a drooper mount if you intend to put a scope on it. I purchased my custom drooper mount from Mac1. Some people will tell you to bend the barrel but I'm not one of them, LOL.

The shot cycle is a little harsh. I would get a tune kit for it or send it off to a tuner and let him do it. Your scope will love you for it. Smile

If you decide you want to shoot with the factory open sights the rear sight has 4 different shapes you can use by rotating the rear sight.

It's a decent springer for the money. I sold mine and went PCP. It costs more but everything is better, IMO.

Hope that helped.

The real Bill of Rights
Truman
Basic Practical
Basic Practical

City, State: Kentucky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a 34 and it shoots great. It is mainly used to shoot starlings from about 30 to 40 yrds. I do have a scope for it but have not mounted it yet.
177cal Evil or Very Mad
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: RWS 34 .22 Reply with quote

yes sir, let me offer you some encouragement, by the time you read this you should have your gun in hand, I also have a .22 mod 34.

when I first got it I hated it! I could not get it to group, I hated it so much that I held it over the trash can and shook with anger, I decided to sell it rather than trash it.

Then I lent it to a friend who knew nothing about guns, he shot the piss out of it and about a week or two later he broke it out while I was there and we shot, it was so smooth, I hit everything I aimed at (cleanly) he said he shot all the pellets I gave him= about 1500-2000
long story short....its now my son's and one of my best (go to guns) I still shoot it offten and I always shoot heavy crosmans..good luck and don't get dissapointed during the break in period.
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Hillbilly stop in a little more often will ya

"Life is Good"

KILLER-B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: