AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
BSA PCP question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blk822
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Kent, Washington

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: BSA PCP question Reply with quote

I have a bsa pcp and it's supposed to get 30 shots per fill @232 bar, it's unregulated. The first 10 shots are quiet with just alittle humm after each shot. The next 10 shots get louder and then the next just alittle louder. After 20 shots I can pump it back up pretty quick, but if I take 30 shots on the fill it takes alot of pumping. Like the last 10 shots take alot more air than the first 20 shots.And you don't notice the hum sound after each shot as much as the first 10. I don't know if I should just take 20 shots and fill or if theres a problem with the rifle, POI dosn't seem to change at 30yrds over the 30 shots, but I havn't been able to really put it through the tests I want due to rain and beening dark when I get home from work. I have heard that the hammer may be bouncing on the valve when the air gets lower and releasing more air than needed. Does any one tune BSA PCPs ? Or is this just a normal thing and deal with it? O' and if you need to know it's a .22cal unregulated multi shot Hornet called a sportsman HV, only sold at sportsmans wharehouse.
220swift
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Nevada County,Calif USA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you could run it through a Chronograph you can get a fps set of number's to see where the hot spot on your gun is and determine the best fill psi ,a lot of gun;s have a arc to the power curve which might be the sound that your geting. quite then louder then quite again.

swift
custom parts made to order
swiftairgunparts@sbcglobal.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: