AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
I hope that any Airgun Equipment is appropriate :) Pellets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:22 am    Post subject: I hope that any Airgun Equipment is appropriate :) Pellets Reply with quote

If so let me dive into a review of the .177 caliber Predator Pellets. If this is not the place for this please delete it for me and let me know Smile

I received a shipment of Predator Pellets from Tom May owner of Predator International about 5 or 6 months ago. Anxious to try out the new "Ballistic Tip" pellets I jumped in with both feet.

I started at home with BC testing since these pellets claim to be more aerodynamic. I used two chronographs and quickly found out that JSB Exacts, Beeman FTS', and Crosman Premiers had a higher BC and therefore were more Aerodynamic.

Disappointed with my initial findings I moved on to the most important part of testing ANY piece of Airgunning equipment (to me) and that was ACCURACY. I am not talking about Olympic grade accuracy ... I am a hunter. 10 meter low velocity accuracy doesn't mean a thing to me when I am squirrel hunting. I want to know what the pellet can do at 40 yards which in most airgun rifles is my limit for head shots.

Accuracy test equipment: I used a variety of .177 caliber airguns for the accuracy part of this test to include ... 2 Tau-7's, an R-1, 2 RWS Model 48's, an R-11, 2 R-9's and a B21. At 20 yards outdoors using IHMSA Silhouette targets with the Tau-7's I could consistently hit the foot (base) of the Ram with JSB Exacts while the Predators couldn't hit the entire silhouette target at all ! I continued my testing and found that as the speed of the pellets increased life got worse in the accuracy dept. I reported my findings to Tom May who never responded to my last e-mail.

Move forward to March 2005. I understood that I may have been testing version 1 of the Predator Pellets so months later I ordered a tin from Cabelas. The new tins have the JSB logo on them and with some reservation I set down to try them out. I figured that after my initial testing Tom would be reluctant to send me anymore "free" pellets.

Testing in a P-1: I had just received a San Rafael P-1 for testing and it seemed to love RWS Super Hollow Points. The best group I produced with these was just 3/16ths of an inch at 10 yards ! With some humorous thoughts in my mind I tried the Predator Pellets and was delighted to see a group of just 3/8ths of an inch ! I didn't have to worry about hitting the pellet trap with Predator Pellets anymore as I was producing nice little groups.

Sure I thought .. they shoot well at low speed now ... but let me crank up the speed and watch them cork screw down range. I was delighted to see a nice little group at 10 yards with the San Rafael R-1 I have on hand here.

So far the new Predator Pellets are doing quite well for me and I look forward to testing them outdoors at longer ranges. If they pass this test I will take them hunting which is why they were invented in the first place. From the results I saw in my pellet trap filled with Beeman Ballistic Putty I would say that they should be killer on live game.

At $ 10.00 a tin for just 200 pellets we should get something for our money. Tom May should've responded to my e-mails of concern months ago. I will produce a long range outdoor review of these pellets within 5 weeks in an upcoming edition of Addictive Airgunning. If they shine in these tests I will be carrying them with me to Kentucky for the Spring Squirrel hunting season that we will be sharing with Carl Miller. I am so looking forward to this trip Smile -Wayne-
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Hi Wayne! Reply with quote

Hi Wayne, thanks for the info man!

To me anyway, the equipment reviews probably includes scopes, pellets, whatever other people would enjoy a review on that is bought with money and relates to airguns, "would seem to me" anyway. (I just went back and read Craig's "orientation note" for this section, that's what he said as well!)

I'd even thought about fishing up reviews I'd written in the past elsewhere and tossing a few in here to get a bit of a database going, hey it's rough when you're only a few days old as a review section!

I'd guess that all good content is welcome -

Frank H.
Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addictive, Anything airgun related is acceptable for review, even butt pads LOL
Anonymous

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks Guy's ! Reply with quote

I would like to see fishing results myself Smile Glad we can post and enjoy vs the old way of doing things Smile -Wayne-
220swift
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

City, State: Nevada County,Calif USA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad the pellet's worked out for ya ,I've had good luck with the .22cal ,one's but the same thing with Tom May no reply on his site.
Tom what's UP.

220swift
custom parts made to order
swiftairgunparts@sbcglobal.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: