AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
cheap pcp gun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nchunter16
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: gastonia,nc

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: cheap pcp gun Reply with quote

does anybody know of a pcp gun that cost's around $350? im still saving but i want to plan ahead.any info yall have will be greatly appreciated.thanks
Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

City, State: Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not that I know of but here are a few for "A FEW DOLLARS MORE" yes, yes also the title of a great Clint Eastwood Movie.

1) EunJin Sumatra $419.00
2) Air Force Talon $459.95
3) Air Arms S-200 $495.00

Sometimes it is better to spend just a little more and get something that will last a very long time. I do not know anything about any of these guns accept what I have read posters post about them but they all seem to be well worth the money.

KILLER-B
blk822
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Kent, Washington

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the scope and mounts ,the fill aparatus(pump,scuba,carbon fiber ,what have you) Then a case to keep it protected, cleaning supplies, pellets ,targets, endless hours shooting and reading post on this forum and asking a multitude of questions,and so on ,and so on , and so on..........like has been said befor WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION...hehee .
But seriously research your rifle really well befor purchasing, like fill pressure and such. I got my BSA and then found out it filled at 3,350 psi and I would have to eaither pump it up ($250) or get a carbon fiber tank ($600) I got lucky and found a guy selling a carbon fiber tank for $300, but I had already bought the pump, so I got the tank and sold the pump for $200. Well I think I'm rambling now , have fun.
dano
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: San Francisco Bay Area

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: cheap pcp gun Reply with quote

nchunter16 wrote:
does anybody know of a pcp gun that cost's around $350? im still saving but i want to plan ahead.any info yall have will be greatly appreciated.thanks
Call Mac1 and get a B50/B51.

Mountain Air sells B51s too http://mountainaircustomairguns.com/model_14.htm

From what I understand both companies completely disassemble, inspect, lube.

The real Bill of Rights
blk822
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Kent, Washington

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my BSA sportsman HV from sportsmans wharehouse for $579 and its basically a BSA Hornet multi shot, which sells for $800+.They just gave it a new name for the store. Check out the hornet at airguns of arizona and you can save a bunch of money getting one from sportsmans.You can call AofA and they will fill you in on them ,they sell them to sportsmans.

dano
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: San Francisco Bay Area

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, who did you end up calling and which AG did you decide on?

The real Bill of Rights
JHodgeCMI
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Sunny Florida

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you do what I did and use a 10% off coupon code my .22 Sumatra 2500 Carbine came in at $360. Fill adaptor is included(get extras and extra O rings)buy a used scuba tank (locally if possible--to save on shipping)and a Kvalve(fill station)off of Ebay and you will save a lot over purchasing 'new' accessories'.

I love mine and have no regrets!
Johnny
Expert
Expert

City, State: Ucklum - Sweden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not go for a Techstar from BSA...?

Crosman Challenger .177 - Leupold 3-9/33 EFR
BSA Ultra .22 - Tasco Varmint I 2.5-10/42 Ao
FX Airguns Elite .25 - Bushnell Legend 5-15/42 Ao
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Phoogle Map
POI
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: New England

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just recieved a BAM B-51 from BESTAIRGUNS...the B50 is the same gun with a more traditional stock. BTW it is a copy of a Daystate Harrier

if you are a tinkerer you can get one there and tweak it yourself...otherwise a Mac1 one will come in to you tuned...no experience with Mountain air...heard good things though.

edit: here is a great link on tweaking it for more power or more shots...or making it an adjustable power gun...or quieting the ping of the air tube...or .........................................
Steel
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Allen,Ok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: gun Reply with quote

Look at the Sumatra Carbine $419.00 Killer listed. I will most likey end up owning one of these rifles myself in 25cal down the road. I have heard alot of good things about them the only bad is they are said to be alittle loud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: