AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index AirgunAdvice.net
All airguns, All the time

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Phoogle MapPhoogle Map   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please help us to develop!

Support Our Site
click image to see designs
Support the site by buying one of our great T-Shirts !!
They are only $24.95 plus shipping.

Choose a size:
Crosman Quest 800x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogopogo
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: forest grove OR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Crosman Quest 800x Reply with quote

I got my Quest 2 days ago since it is my first air rifle it took me about a day to get the scope it came with sighted but once i did it was exelent it shoots very nise clusters dead center in the middle of the target almost every time. The noise it makes is not to bad just a very plesent THWAAAAK no spring ratteling or any other unplesent noise. Its recoil is a littel fearce its like trying to hold on to a flayling kitten until you get used to it. It has to be held very losely but once you got the hang of it its sweet. Its almost the perfect size and weight for my over sized 6,6 self and my 5,10 freind can hold and shoot it with no trouble. I have found beeman silver arrow pellets work wonders in it compared to my crosman pointeds. The trigger is ajustable and very smooth. The only cons to it is that its stock scope has to be re agusted about every 50 shots and its strange recoil. So for a 120 doller gun it gets a 4 out of 5 Here are some pics.

madriver
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: urbana, ohio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep the bolts tight up front on the stock and the rear one on the guard. i use loctite after a few times of tightening them.
r5nick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locktite is good.
Nice pics to Smile
Hope you enjoy her..
ogopogo
Marksman
Marksman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shure am enjoying her. EDIT I am a moron since this is my first rifle i had no idea that you had to take the caps of to sight it i just turned the caps. My grandpa and me sighted it and im getting very nise groupings out of it now i feel very stupid Embarassed. i just shot a crow in the head at 30 yards while laying on the ground on my second try so im likeing it. Sorry no pics i went back to get some and it looks like a coyte got it there were feathers every were. and lots of blood and other nastie stuff.
GWH craig
Killer-B Club
Killer-B Club

City, State: Easthampton Masssachusetts

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my buddy is getting one of theos 800x deals. its pokher366 actualy. it will be nice to be able to shoot with him again. i was only able to for like...2-3 days and then he got rid of his gun an old benji .22 cant wait to go hunting with him.
Browning 800 Mag .22
Crosman 2289 Backpacker .22
Crosman T4 .177
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Phoogle Map
pokher366

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet im getting one in 4 days I accually bought some of the silver arrows..... did you try the crow mags???...... did you say you shot a crow and in a minuts time of getting a camera animal came and took it???
ogopogo
Marksman
Marksman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not tryed crow mags yet but i plan on it. And no i was being lazy and i shot the crow from my yard about a hour later i walked into the forest to find feathers and blood every were and that night and the night before i herd coytoes so thats my best gess.
Mstrange
Marksman
Marksman

City, State: Hot Springs, Arkansas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to be getting a quest 1000x soon which is almost a twin to your gun so I'm glad it performs well for you! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AirgunAdvice.net Forum Index -> Airgun Equipment Reviews All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: