Simmons pro air Review

A no hype zone for posting airgun equipment reviews.

Moderators: 220swift, Killer-B, MarvC, Sentryfe

Steel
Marksman
Marksman

Simmons pro air Review

Postby Steel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:02 pm

I received my new Simmons ProAir 4x16x40mm and must say it is the best Simmons scopes I have seen. It is very clear,bright at low light,all moveing parts are very smooth and solid. Overall it seems to be better than must scopes I have seen in it's price range($150) and better than some of the cheaper simmons scopes I own. I bought mine at Natchez shooting supply on closeout for $84 as the new master airgun scopes are coming out soon so these old models are closeout models.They had the 4x12x40mm AO for $79 while the last. Anyway not a leupold or anything like but seems like a good scope for the money.

Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Re: Simmons pro air Review

Postby Killer-B » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:28 pm

terry1 wrote:I received my new Simmons ProAir 4x16x40mm and must say it is the best Simmons scopes I have seen. It is very clear,bright at low light,all moveing parts are very smooth and solid. Overall it seems to be better than must scopes I have seen in it's price range($150) and better than some of the cheaper simmons scopes I own. I bought mine at Natchez shooting supply on closeout for $84 as the new master airgun scopes are coming out soon so these old models are closeout models.They had the 4x12x40mm AO for $79 while the last. Anyway not a leupold or anything like but seems like a good scope for the money.

Terry,

What are ya putting it on.

KILLER-B
"We live for another day of Airgunning"

Steel
Marksman
Marksman

AA

Postby Steel » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:43 pm

I bought a AA 410EBR carbine it is in the mail to me right now. I also am going to order a AA Tx200 HC carbine spring gun down the road. If you can't tell I like short barrels! Anyway I am new to adult air guns I have always still shot air guns at small game even as a adult I just never had a real nice airgun before I can't wait. The AA looked like a nice starting PCP gun to try out. If I really like PCP I could see my self getting a 25cal PCP down the road.

Killer-B
Site Admin/Owner
Site Admin/Owner

Re: AA

Postby Killer-B » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:02 pm

terry1 wrote:I bought a AA 410EBR carbine it is in the mail to me right now. I also am going to order a AA Tx200 HC carbine spring gun down the road. If you can't tell I like short barrels! Anyway I am new to adult air guns I have always still shot air guns at small game even as a adult I just never had a real nice airgun before I can't wait. The AA looked like a nice starting PCP gun to try out. If I really like PCP I could see my self getting a 25cal PCP down the road.

Terry,

Nice choice that will be a sweet set up.

KILLER-B
"We live for another day of Airgunning"

dano
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Simmons pro air Review

Postby dano » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:29 pm

If you like the Simmons Pro-Air might I suggest a Simmons 44 Mag, which can also be purchased from Natchezss for about 90 bucks. I have the Pro-Air on my AA S410 Carbine and the 44 Mag on my Cyclone. IMO the 44 Mag has much better optics than the Pro-Air. I liked the 44 Mag so much I purchased 2 spares and have been contemplating replacing the Pro-Air with one of my 44 Mag's.

The Pro-Air has the advantage of being shorter and lighter than the 44 Mag, which is exactly why I chose to put the Pro-Air on my Carbine.

RX2DUDE

Postby RX2DUDE » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:51 pm

I have the ProAir on one of my guns and love it.

Return to “Airgun Equipment Reviews”